Explore the Deep South of India
Aqua Outback in Tuticorin, is very close to the southernmost tip of peninsular India.
A perfect place from which to understand and explore the Southernmost parts of India. Whether exploring the quaint Portugese-inspired architecture of Tuticorin’s Old Town or taking in the majestic beauty of the Meenakshi temple at Madurai, we have the perfect cultural trip for your needs. Savor the local cuisine and imbibe the most relevant cultural experiences to be had in the deep south of India.
Below are some suggestions & itineraries to consider, please check the availability & price with us per the travel dates, to finalize the bookings.
Explore the bustling port town of Tuticorin for a chance to take in its rich Catholic-Portugese heritage and sample some truly amazing food.
We visit the Our Lady of Snows Basilica, founded in the 16th century, and continue onwards to a drive through the Old Town of Tuticorin, old Karacope Street as we go.
Fish auctions at the fishing harbour is a true sight and also take back some of the freshest catch for lunch or dinner.
For the Foodies!
We’ll visit Ganesh Bakery on the way to see how Tuticorin’s unique macaroons are made. We’ll stop off en route for you to buy some tea and snacks at Tuticorin’s famous Aardvark Cafe before taking a walk through the Tuticorin Harbour and checking out Tuticorin’s sleepy beach.
Finally, we move on to dinner at one of Tuticorin’s famous “Night Clubs”, small eateries serving local food, where we’ll wrap up the evening with a delicious dinner of Kothu Parotta.
- Visit to Rameshwaram
- Travel over the famous Pamban Bridge
- Visit Dhanushkodi
- Visit Madurai Meenakshi Temple
- Visit Puthumandapam and the Old Market
- Visit Madurai Palace
- Catch Sunrise at Kanyakumari
- Visit Vivekananda rock, Gandhi Mandapam & Kanyakumari temple
- Visit Padmanabhapuram Palace
- Visit the Lace and Embroidery Cooperative
Tirunelveli & Pathamadai
- Visit Tirunelveli temple
- Visit local antique shops and brass shops
- Visit Krishnapuram temple
- Visit Pathamadai mat-making centre
- Visit Local Potter’s Shed
- Papanasam damn visit
Manapad / Tiruchendhur
- Visit Tiruchendur temple
- Visit the fishing village
- Francis Xavier’s cave where he lived
- Local palm and mat-making school
- Surfing by the sand dunes
- The capital of old Travancore
- Lace-making center
- Visit one of the earliest Jain temples built in the south of India
- Admire one of the best views from the top of the rock formation